On Thursday November 21, 2019 the Nicosia Risk Forum 2019 event took place at European University Cyprus in Nicosia, Cyprus. “The Nicosia Risk Forum 2019 provides the platform for an array of stakeholders –hailing from government, academia and the private sector– to exchange views and experiences, making it a truly multi-disciplinary event that produces a high level of discourse at a timely juncture. An exciting line of speakers and presentations were planned. Among others, on Nicosia Risk Forum 2019 important presentations were made by :
– EU Commissioner for Humanitarian Aid and Crisis Management, Dr Christos Stylianides
– HE the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Cyprus, Dr Nikos Christodoulides
– The Deputy Government Spokeswoman, Ms Klelia Vasileiou
– Secretary General for Civil Protection of the Hellenic Republic, Mr Nikos Hardalias
– Head of NEMA, State of Israel, Mr Zeev Tsuk-Ram, VOVA
– Commissioner of Cyprus Civil Defense Force of the Republic of Cyprus, Mr Andreas Frantzis
CYBER-TRUST is a H2020 European project which goal is to develop an innovative platform cyber-threat intelligence gathering, detection, and mitigation platform to tackle the grand challenges towards securing the ecosystem of IoT devices. The security problems arising from the flawed design of legacy hardware and embedded devices allows cyber-criminals to easily compromise them and launch large-scale attacks toward critical cyber-infrastructures. The proposed interdisciplinary approach will capture different phases of such emerging attacks, before and after known (even years old) or unknown (zero-day) vulnerabilities have been widely exploited by cyber-criminals to launch the attack.
After the presentation a discussion with the event’s stakeholder took place and potential ways of project output’s exploitation were discussed.
The agenda of the event can be found here.