The UAV Platforms that are used by ADDITESS are developed in our in-house laboratory. The platforms are based on existing cots and they are enhanced with various payloads such as cameras, GPS modules as well as other software modules in order to fulfill every client’s requirements individually.
Currently, we are using and developing three types of UAV platforms
- A Multirotor type
- A Helicopter type
- A Fixed-Wind type
The creation of these information systems includes:
- Designing or building a customized architecture or application
- Integrating it with new or existing hardware
- Packaged and custom software
- Communications infrastructure
- Systems & app installations or upgrades
- Customization for specific applications.
Indicative actions /developments that ADDITESS laboratory could perform in the hardware include (indicative and not limited):
- Erase current firmware from the built-in processor.
- Upload Built-In-Self-Test (BIST) firmware for testing the correct operation of hardware (performance, connectivity, etc.).
- Upload in-house basic firmware for the device.
- Add on a proprietary crypto package for selected communication channels. These packages implement tailor-made algorithms based on the client’s requirements.
- Add on proprietary compression algorithms for video applications.
- Add on a proprietary scheduler for the low-power operation of the module.
- Develop software add-in module implementing special event classification.
- Add custom-made digital filters for video signal enhancement, based on client’s requirements.
- Add custom package for fast target acquisition – tracking.
- Perform tests to verify the performance of the in-house built packages.
- Commission hardware with the network – communication specifications we received from the client.
- Perform network – communications security tests.
- Verify power consumption is within specification for wireless modules.
- Assemble and disassemble modules to verify the correct mounting of all equipment.