ADDITESS’ security consulting services include the following areas:
• Strategic Security Planning
• Risk Management and Business Continuity
• System Analysis and Design
• Security Plans and Policies
• Review, assess, and modify existing security plans
• Risk Assessment
• Risk Management
• Business continuity
• Laws and regulations
• Staff Training
ADDITESS provides best practice security planning and review/assessment of existing security plans to major organizations and governments internationally, enabling them to implement cost effective security solutions to safeguard installations, assets, staff, and clients.
ADDITESS’ approach to Security involves addressing three different facets separately, but also in conjunction with each other. These facets are: Operations, Systems, and People. All three facets are equally important.
Since people conduct security, not systems, it is important to ensure that the right procedures are in place, with the right people, and the right training. In fact, “operations”, “systems” and “people” must be inter-compatible and synchronized in order to produce real-life, practical and measurable results.
ADDITESS is proud to be among the founding members of the European Cyber Security Organization (ECSO) and European Anti-Cybercrime Technology Development Association (EACTDA)
More Information at http://www.additess.com/main/services
ADDITESS, amongst other activities, is offering comprehensive services for the organization and coordination of EC FP7, Horizon 2020 or National R&D proposals and research projects in the field of Security, ICT, Aeronautics (UAVs), Communications, Transportation and Environment. ADDITESS has developed an expertise in projects related to the referenced fields. (http://www.additess.com/main/research-interests/)
Analysis of some of the R&D activities and products that ADDITESS has explored from 2011 till today are as follows:
2.1. Software Engineering
Our software engineers have many years of academic and industry experience in software design and implementation. ADDITESS has the capacity to assist at all stages of the software development process, starting from the initial design phase, followed by the implementation, testing, and final deployment. We are able to handle a wide range of software projects, from purely backend systems to mobile applications. Our experience involves:
• Large-scale and real-time systems
• Database systems (PostgreSQL, MySQL)
• Distributed systems and parallel architectures (MPI, OpenMP, CUDA)
• Automated data collection and extraction
• Cloud computing and High-Performance Computing
• Machine Learning toolkits (Weka, Shogun, Spider)
• Java, C++, Perl, Python, Scheme, MATLAB
• GNU/Linux environment and open-source packages
• Apache HTTP Server, Apache Lucene, Apache Tomcat, Apache DB
• Algorithm and Data Structure optimization
2.2. Web Portal Design & Resource Management
Spanning the information era, the design of versatile web interfaces for the management of vast amounts of information on any internet enabled device is necessary. Our web portal design solutions incorporate both front and back end components allowing separation between operations.
Information on the web portal is loaded dynamically and in real time while it is capable of managing information from different sources (i.e. mobile apps, web servers, sensors). The user is capable of configuring the interface’s behaviour to match their preferences while multilingual support is also supported. Functionality includes:
• Event prioritization (determining the sequence in which queries will be serviced based on several attributes – severity, frequency, density etc.
• Event broadcasting for forwarding messages to interfacing channels
• Real time sectorial analytics: all different types of available analytics offered through a dashboard
• Mapping of events on the UI for the user to be able and observe the current situation
• Mapping of LEA and not only resources allowing the operator to know where their available/occupied resources are at any time
• User Management and the adjustment of access rights: add/remove/modify roles (includes rights to regional information)
Source: ADDITESS LTD
2.3. Mobile Application Design
The development and production of mobile applications provides critical benefits to a system as it enables portability whilst still ensuring appropriate operation in devices with different characteristics and specs. The mobile application market has become subject to substantial increases and as a result accelerates availability and engagement to the user.
Cross development platforms enable availability to major mobile platforms without compromising provided functionality due to native platform support; without neglecting development on the native platforms (Android, iOS and Windows). Additionally, our mobile application designs allow and promote utilization of built in device features where available (i.e. GPS receiver, accelerometer, gyrometer) in an effort to automate certain processes or generate additional valuable information. Nonetheless, another priority is the Ethical Legal and Societal (ELS) Implementation of mobile app solutions that respect confidentiality of information and compliance to data protection policies and directives of imposed legislation.
Ease of use, user friendly interfaces and the user’s ability to customize operations are inseparable aspects of a good design along with the ability to allow both online and offline operation whenever possible. Additional features that our designs may provide include:
• Representation of geospatial information (i.e. crime maps, layer overlays)
• Gathering of analytics
• Seamless updating and retention of user data
• Secure Design
• Efficient management of battery resources
• Profiling for data charges when on cellular networks
Source: ADDITESS LTD
2.4. Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV)
ADDITESS has developed during research and design phases a variety of UAV systems, a new concept in UAV market: designed from existing cots platforms or from ADDITESS design, in order to minimize the development cost. As it was derived from general aviation standards, it is optimized for reduced cost of operations. The Mini-UAV systems could also prepare for navigation in controlled civilian airspace and for compliance to certification requirements that will become applicable to all UAS addressing homeland security applications and flight operations in European sky. We already comply with ROC and future LUC regulations.
The UAV Platforms that are used by ADDITESS are developed by our in-house laboratory. The platforms are based on existing cots and they are enhanced with various payloads such as cameras (i.e. Daylight, IR), GPS modules, CBRN sensors as well as other software modules in order to fulfil every client’s requirements individually.
• Multirotor types / AP-M-1S800 and AP-M-1S1000
• Helicopter type / AP-H-1BVT-CM100v2
• Fixed-Wind type / AP-F-1M ‘TILEMACHOS’
Indicative payload information: